Interim HR Coordinator
Position ID: req6292
Sector: Major Appliances EMEA
Functional Area: HR
Location: Luton, GBR
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to: Country HR Manager
Employment Type: Temporary
Apply By: 4 January 2017
Interim Human Resources Coordinator (maternity cover for 1 year)
Reporting to the Country HR Manager for UK and Ireland, this role provides local HR support across all entities of Electrolux Plc in the UK.
Often as the first HR point of contact for UK employees and line managers, the Interim HR Coordinator will provide support and offer help to resolve queries.
Working closely with the HRS Contact & Administration team, the Interim HR Coordinator supports the administration of all aspects of the employee lifecycle from sending out new starter packs to termination of employment leaver documentation.
The Interim HR Coordinator plays a key role in implementing UK current and new policies, and ensuring compliance with UK legislation.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Advise line managers and employees on all aspects of UK HR policies and processes, including family leave entitlement, sickness absence, conduct and performance issues, and compliance matters.
• Management of all aspects of Occupational Health referrals and PEMQs.
• Management of all aspects of Employee Benefits (including renewal processes) for all UK employees: Private Medical Insurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan, Defined Contribution Electrolux Pension Plan, EAP, Childcare voucher scheme.
• Management of Company Car scheme for all UK eligible employees, including managing relationship with fleet leasing companies, administration of quotes and orders, management of pool cars, management of driver fines and penalties, fuel card ordering and renewals, responding to driver queries, complaints and issues.
• Advising line managers and employees regarding employee relations processes, which includes conducting investigations, hearing grievances and supporting with disciplinary procedures.
• Set up and maintenance of local HR / Payroll files, including eligibility work in the UK and visa checks, references, and local HR administration requirements in accordance with UK Data Protection Regulations.
• Support Payroll with salary increase letters and bonus payments, as well as payroll activity at key deadlines such as P11d process.
• Respond to email enquiries via HRUK mailbox.
• Maintain local email distribution lists and send out monthly HR organisational updates.
• Support Country HR Manager with implementation of group wide initiatives such IJAM, Echat and Teamship activities.
In this role, it’s essential to have:
• A basic understanding of UK Employment legislation.
• A high degree of confidentiality, integrity and diplomacy
• Strong communication skills
• A solution-orientated mindset
• Ability to prioritise a busy workload and work to multiple deadlines from various stakeholders
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly numerate
• Good team player with a willingness to collaborate
• Calm, maintains a cool composure when dealing with difficult situations
• Has a ‘hands-on’ mindset, being flexible and adaptable
As a communicator:
• Convey information to all concerned clearly
• Are able to address external customers in a professional and convincing manner
• Able to engage colleagues and managers to build strong networks
As a person :
• Act with integrity, honesty and morale
• Lead by example
• Passionate and energetic
• Are open and want to grow by learning and developing yourself
• Are accountable and take responsibility
• Are ambitious and truly motivated to perform
• Want to do what matters
• Are a true team player
• Resilient, honest individual who is highly motivated
• Customer and quality focus, with a passionate commitment to improving business performance
As a team player:
• Demonstrate ability to work alongside and within a strong team
• Good interpersonal skills on all levels
• Value and understand the individual needs of each member of the team
• Build relationships within the team that create trust, respect and honesty
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.